Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 22, 2017

[Review] Facial Masks (Fridays?)



Trying out a series of face mask reviews while I cultivate a habit to use these on a regular basis. Quick review of each starting from left to right: 

♡  Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask (Aloe) ♡

What it is: Sheet mask made with aloe vera to fully moisturize and soothe the skin. This triple-layer sheet has a long-lasting moisturizing effect so that the essence can gradually be absorbed into the skin.

What it does: Moisturizes and keeps skin healthy

Key ingredients: Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Betaine, Citrus Paradise (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barba Densis Leaf Juice

My thoughts: As a person with combination skin, this mask does really well in moisturizing my face without feeling sticky. I can skip the moisturizer after having this mask as well. I was really sad that they stopped selling this series in the stores - totally regret not buying more during the Great Singapore Sale x)


♡  Annie's Way Brightening Jelly Mask ♡

What it is: Jelly mask containing arbutin and hyaluronic acid.

What it does: An all-rounder mask – it brightens, hydrates, reduces fine lines and soothes.

Key ingredients: Arbutin, Hyaluronic acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate

My thoughts: This was a pretty messy mask to handle even though it was in a packet. The good thing is that the jelly has a consistent texture and will not slide off your face, so you can multi-task with this mask on (like watching a show).  Washing it off is also tricky. But I must say that this mask works really well! Skin was smooth and supple after application. I hope they come up with sheet versions soon!


♡  Annie's Way Oil Control Jelly Mask ♡

What it is: Jelly mask containing charcoal for oil control

What it does: Oil control, purifying mask for remarkably softer, smoother and clearer skin. 

Key ingredients: Bamboo Charcoal, Distilled water, Carbopol 940, Hyaluronic Acid, Butylene Glycol, POE (60) Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate

My thoughts: The jelly texture is very soothing when it is cold xD I usually use purifying masks during times of stress because I will get small breakouts. Using a black mask was also a refreshing experience from the usual white masks. I think that the mask works well to calm skin, but since my skin does not suffer from too many pimples, I can't say much about the purifying effects. Other reviews have raved about the purifying effects though!


And that's all for now! I have had these masks for a while, so I cannot remember their prices xD I will try to include prices next time!

Connect with me~


 


*Emoticons courtesy of JapanLover.me.

0 comments: